June 5, 2008

boom de oda- boom de oda

I love the mountains, I love the rolling hills, I love the flowers, I love the daffodils, I love to be with you when the lights are low Boom De oda, Boom De od, Boom De oda,
Boom De oda.
I especially love the 4th of July and cant wait to BBQ and hang out at the beach. I always loved this song my mom sang to us growing up. We would dress up for the towns parade in pine and watch the big firework show. I sing it to Myles now and hope he loves it as much as I do. this cake is a favorite as well

1 comment:

Teagan said...

Don't you wish that your kids could have the same experiences as you did. I grew up in the East so you can imagine AZ is a whole lot different... sometimes I get sad...But then I think I have to try and make it ten times better and make new traditions. But its a lot to try to live up to.
My mom and I use to make that cake with Strawberries... So fun...Thanks for sharing your traditions.